20 Ideas to Take Better Care of You
By Todd Durkin
It’s more critical now than ever before that we keep a positive mindset, focus on perpetual personal growth, and share our positive light, love, and energy with all we touch. After all, a BETTER WORLD BEGINS WITH A BETTER YOU!
How do you improve your self and take BETTER care of YOU this Fall? Here are 20 ideas that will undoubtedly help you take better care of YOU (choose a few)…
20 IDEAS to Take BETTER Care of YOU This Fall!
- Choose a day to completely unplug and enjoy the day. No guilt or shame allowed. Just allow yourself to indulge in taking care of YOU.
- Make a pot of chili or homemade soup. It’s great for the soul. Add some cornbread with that chili and you’re really in business.
- Go on a nature hike or take a walk outside and enjoy the foliage. Can. Not. Wait. For. Telluride.
- Declutter and get rid of things you no longer need. We did this recently at Fitness Quest 10 and it felt SO good to have a “purge party” and deep cleaning of the gym. It inspired me to go home and do the same in my closet. Ahhhh!!! #Purge #CleanItUp
Purge Party 2017 Collage
- Start a fire in the fireplace and read a great book (I’m reading “A Life Beyond Amazing” and “Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less” right now).
- Spend time journaling or writing. 15 minutes is good. 30 minutes or more is magical.
- Enjoy your morning beverage outside.
- Indulge in a pumpkin protein shake…or at least some pumpkin bread or even a pumpkin coffee.
Pumpkin Protein Shake
- Get spiritual. Meditate. Read. Or spend time in prayer.
- Get a professional massage this month. And if you really want to indulge, book it for 90 minutes. Your body and mind will thank you regardless!
- Dig your cold-weather clothes out of the closet. Put some warm blankets on your bed.
- Decorate for the Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays. It puts people in a good mood, connects you to the season, and brings out the inner child in everyone.
- Sleep with your windows open!
- Exercise/Train outside. Just be sure you put on a grey hoodie—it helps. 🙂
- Attend a “Friday Night Lights” high school football game in your area… even if you don’t know anyone. There’s something about cool air, high school football, the band, cheerleaders, and a hot chocolate that is just so ALL-American. #FridayNightLights
- Go apple picking…and maybe even indulge in a piece of apple pie (Yes, you’re allowed. Just be sure to get in a good workout the next day :)).
- Write a love letter, a hand-written thank you letter, or share a gratitude text with someone you appreciate.
- Paint pumpkins with inspirational sayings. # #Family #Happy #IMPACT
- Book a “winter” vacation right now. Maybe it’s for some snow skiing. Maybe it’s to visit a warm-weather place for the middle of winter. Or maybe it’s a winter getaway workshop/conference/Mentorship to feed all aspects of your living.
- Book a Retreat. It’s too late for you to join me in Telluride this weekend but I’ll have more Retreat options coming up for you in 2018. In the meantime, find one of your favorite destinations and create a 2-3 day “retreat” just for you. Your mind, body, and soul will thank you for it!