I wanted to share with you two important points:
- Silence the noise. Your power is found in the little voice that whispers to you every day. But you have to tap into it and listen to it. Perhaps that means turning the radio off when driving. Or spending 10-minutes in solitude with just a notebook or journal. Write down anything that comes to mind. It’s always amazing what comes to you when you’re in complete solitude. You can find that anywhere but you must consciously choose to quiet the inside and listen.
Today, my quiet time was 47-minutes long. Ahhh did that feel great. Fresh air, no noise, and just listening to my breath and the little voice talking to me.
My challenge to you today is to find a minimum of 10-minutes to tap into your inner voice and just listen. It’s amazing what you’ll hear.
- Find your common denominator. Conventional wisdom says you should find one thing and stick to it. I was listening to TD Jakes over the weekend and he had some profound wisdom on that topic. He talked about how we often limit ourselves by titles, job descriptions, and expectations.
TD Jakes is often referred to as the most “popular pastor in America.” He has a new daytime TV show. He is in the production of major movies in Hollywood. He has a record label company.
While many people say he should choose one, he says that would be limiting. He says that’s bogus. His common denominator is “communication” and he just has different venues to “communicate” his message.
I like that.
What’s your common denominator?
For me, it’s “motivating and inspiring people to be their best.” How I deliver that will change…what I do will not!
How about you?
TD Jakes also said a few other profound things:
- Haters often help bring out your best.
- Your dream must be bigger than you. If you can fulfill your own dream by yourself, then your dream is too small.
- Surround yourself with great people who can support your dreams.
- You are going to “miss” something every day. Husband moments. Kid moments. Business moments. You just can’t have repeated “misses” in the same bucket.
- If you have to hold it to keep it going, instead of just touching it, you have the wrong people in place.
- There are times you WILL get tired. You just can’t stay tired.
- It’s not where you are going that’s the hard part. It’s are you willing to sacrifice and leave behind what you have now to get to where you want.
- “We were created by a creator to be creative.” What are you creating today that’s going to make significant IMPACT tomorrow?
Which one most speaks to you? Feel free to share over on the FB page.
Great stuff. I hope you have an incredible day. Remember, silence the noise today and remember to stay focused on your common denominator.